I hope you find inspiration and serenity here
Maybe it's just me, but the world today seems like a hot mess. Creating my art is a way of grounding myself, enjoying some quiet time, and basking in the beauty of this little blue marble we all get to live on. In sharing it with you, I hope you can find your own little island of peace, if only for a moment.
Art should be beautiful. More deep breaths would make the world a better place. The Oxford Comma is necessary. Sunsets are the best time of day. Your walls deserve to be decorated. Taming the chaos is essential, and elusive. There is never too much chocolate or whiskey. There is never enough quiet. You deserve some beauty in your life. Keep in touch to keep this beauty in your life.
My name is Kelly, aka E. Kelly O’Neal, which is where the eko in ekovisions originates. I am madly in love with abstract photography, travel, sunsets, quiet, chocolate, and my dog Teddy Bear, who also serves as my mostly enthusiastic photographic assistant. I am a fine art nature photographer. These days my focus is on creating abstract images through camera movement--panning, wiggling, turning, and swooshing the camera during exposure. Sound weird? It is. But also amazingly fun with beautiful results.
I grew up in Florida and have taken a crazy route through North Carolina, Hawaii, Texas, and Boston to settle, for now at least, in stunning Burlington, Vermont. It's cold here. I still kinda loathe the winters, but they do provide some fascinating ice formations, and the shivering ads an interesting layer of movement into my photography. The stunning Adirondack mountains behind Lake Champlain provide the sunset backdrop for a bunch of my work these days. Those sunsets never get old.
Exhibits & Publications
You can always find my art in person at Frog Hollow, Vermont State Craft Center, in downtown Burlington, VT. They are located directly on Church St. and provide instant gratification--along with fabulous art from other amazing artists in our beautiful state. I've been exhibiting at Frog Hollow since August 2014.
- Art's Alive Festival of Fine Art, Burlington, VT, June 2015
- South End Art Hop, Burlington, VT, September 2014
- Frog Hollow, accepted as Artist for the gallery, August 2014. Find my art in downtown Burlington, all year round!
- Art's Alive Festival of Fine Art, Burlington, VT, selected by jury for participation, June 2014
- Five Elements, Darkroom Gallery, print of Shadows selected by juror Eddie Soloway for group show, Dec 2013
- South End Art Hop, Burlington, VT, September 2013 through 2014, 15+ images on display at The Wellness Collective, Maltex Building, South End
- Art’s Alive Festival of Fine Art, Burlington, VT, Selected by jury for participation, June-July 2013
- Healthy Living, Artist exhibit, May 2013
- Rare Earth Exhibit at Darkroom Gallery, Essex, VT. Print of Waves selected by William Neill for inclusion in group juried show. January - February 2013.
- Gifts for Strangers, Art's Alive @ Union Station. December 2012 to February 2013.
- Art's Alive, Burlington, VT. 2nd Annual Facebook First Fifty. September 2012.
- South End Art Hop, Burlington, VT. September to November 2012, 6 pieces on display at VCAM/RETN.
- Art's Alive, Burlington, VT. Selected by jury for participation, June 2012
- Abstract Expressions, Vermont PhotoPlace Gallery, online annex & exhibition catalogue, group show juried by Carl Chiarenza, May - June 2012
- Indigo, Burlington, VT, December 2011 to February 2012
- South End Art Hop, Burlington, VT. September 2010. Extended display through Dec 2010 at Subaru gallery.
- Flight, Vermont PhotoPlace Gallery, online annex & exhibition catalogue, group show juried by David Bram, August 2010
- In the Wild, Darkroom Gallery, group juried show, July 2010
- Natural Wonders, Vermont PhotoPlace Gallery, online annex & exhibition catalogue, group show juried by David Middleton, May 2010
- Arts Alive & Art in the Windows, Burlington VT. Selected by jury for participation, June 2010.
Awesome! I want a part of this.
Find the latest news & pictures of Teddy Bear on my social media accounts:
Email me at ekovisions <<@>> gmail <<dot>> com
I wish the robots weren't so evil and I could link that directly for you.